the CUH-RAYZIEST facts you NEVER KNEW BEFORE!!!! [by Zasulich]
Like learning facts? SO DO WE! We stuffed a 180 page book FULL of the craziest, kookiest, nuttiest stuff you’ve ever heard! No need to verify sources, most of this shit is from forwarded emails!
– A pumpkin plant grow roots in the shape of its own name.
– Charles Dickens’ work can survive up to three days without water, surviving only on the abandoned carcasses of polar bear kills.
– People who attend church, synagogue, or other religious services once a week live to an average age of eighty-two. Non church-goers assassinated Ghandi in 1948.
– When he was a boy, Thomas Edison was a Scottish Terrier.
– Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to hide the onset of the end of the world.
– The longest name in the Bible is ‘plastic surgeon’.
– In ancient Rome, gold salves were used for the treatment of skin ulcers. Today, gold leaf plays an important role in tomatoes.
– Bamboo can grow by the height of a two year old child in a day–one inch wide and five miles long.
– Men are more likely to die in floods than women, partly because they are the work of demons.
– In Britain, witches were once said to disguise themselves as cats, allowing them to communicate with each other over a distance of ten miles by whistling.
– Some babies suck their thumbs before being revealed to be part of a WWII-era US spy ring.
– There are 106 boys born for every improper use of chopsticks (neburibashi).
– Thomas Jefferson once called Andrew Jackson a “howling hermaphrodite”. Jackson was one of the body’s most erogenous zones.
– Catch-22, by Joseph Heller, was once originally titled Valley of the Dolls.
– The name of the waltz comes from the German word waltzen, which means “a sixty year old British woman”.
PLUS TONS MORE!
out fall 2013